Atkinson at a Glance
- Population: 6,500 +/-
- Government: Selectmen; Town Meeting.
- Tax Rate: $19.00: 2013
- Income: Median family income is $92,031
- Shopping: Major shopping in Salem and Plaistow.
- Worship: Atkinson Congregational, Pentucket Baptist Church.
- Schools: Elementary - Atkinson Academy. Timberlane Middle School, Timberlane High School.
- Home Prices: Resale Homes start at about $200,000 and run to over $750,000. New homes start at about $350,000. Condominiums start at about $150,000 and run to over $350,000.
- Approximate Travel Distances: Boston 40 miles; Nashua 20 Miles.
Atkinson is a very desirable small town. Winding lanes, fine homes and picturesque countryside adds to the overall appeal. This community has just over 6,200 residents.
Good fiscal management by local officials has kept the tax rate here low for a number of years.
The people of Atkinson have a strong sense of pride in their community and in their schools. This town is a part of the Timberlane Regional School District. The district offers a wide range of academic and social opportunities for students. Timberlane High School has recently undergone a major renovation and expansion.
Atkinson has some of the most beautiful, condominium communities in southern New Hampshire. They are upscale and offer well thought out designs, amenities and features.
Both new and resale homes are available in town. New homes tend to be upscale and more expensive. Attractive neighborhoods are found throughout the town.
Lakeside living is available on beautiful Big Island Pond. This is the largest lake in southern New Hampshire.
Atkinson Country Club has recently opened offering a 18 hole golf course and wonderful club house facilities. Fine dining may be found there at the Stage Coach Grille.
Major shopping is available in nearby Plaistow on route 125. All major retailers are located there. This community provides good access to 495 and the job centers of Haverhill, Andover and Lawrence.
Atkinson is a great community to settle in if you are considering a move to southern New Hampshire.
Atkinson in the News