Hampstead at a Glance
- Population: 8000 +/-
- Government: Selectmen; Town Manager.
- Tax Rate: $23.68: 2013
- Income: Median family income is $68,871.
- Shopping: Hannaford’s Super Market in town. Major shopping close by in Plaistow and Salem
- Restaurants: One Eleven Village Square, Numero Unos (Mexican.)
- Worship: Hampstead Congregational. Island Pond Baptist (SBC), St Anne’s Catholic, St. Christopher’s Episcopal.
- Schools: Hampstead Central, Hampstead Middle, Pinkerton Academy, Calvery Christian (Private, Derry,) Hampstead Academy (Private.)
- Home Prices: Resale Homes run between $190,000 and $500,000. New Homes start at $350,000.
- Approximate Travel Distances: Boston 45 Miles; Worcester 50 Miles; Manchester 20 Miles; Nashua 22 Miles; Mountains 110 Miles; Seacoast 25 Miles; Lakes Region 50 Miles
Hampstead New Hampshire has a quiet ambiance that sets it apart. Quiet country lanes wind among ancient stone walls, antique colonials and lakes and ponds. Beautiful new subdivisions dot the countryside offering a great place to call home. Main street has one of the most distinctive collections of antique colonials to be found in Southern New Hampshire. There are a vaiety of homes for sale in a wide price range including condominiums.
The recent completion on the Route 111 Bypass project has made this town easy to reach from Interstate 93 at exit 3. Travel time has been reduced substancially on this modern roadway.
Community spirit is high here and volunteers make a real difference in a variety of ways. Hampstead has the distinction of being the first community in the state to establish a town wide trail system. This was made possible by the volunteer efforts of the Hampstead Trails Committee. The town's master plan recognizes the need for open space in order to maintain Hampstead's rural character.
A major attraction of this town is the top rated schools and the extensive sports and recreation programs. The middle school recently underwent renovations to provide more classroom space as well as to provide computer labs, music rooms and a larger library. High school students attend the highly regarded Pinkerton Academy in Derry New Hampshire. Pinkerton has a beautiful campus setting and has recently seen the addition of a state of the art science building and performing arts center.
There are great opportunities for lakefront living on both Island Pond and Sunset Lake. These beautiful lakes offers an unsurpassed setting providing the backdrop for a unique way of life.
The opportunity for local shopping has expanded with a major "Hannaford’s" supermarket having recently been built in town. A full range of shopping is available a short distance away on Route 125 in Plaistow.
Overall, Hampstead is a sought after small town of 8,000 people that would make a very special place to call home.