You are the key player on the home-selling team.
No one has a more important role in the home-selling process than you. Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale:
- Maintain the property in ready-to-show condition.
- Ensure that the house is easily accessible to real estate professionals (lock box and key).
- Try to be flexible in the scheduling of showings.
- When you are not home, let us know how you can be reached in case an offer is received.
- If approached directly by a buyer who is not represented by a real estate professional, please contact us. Do not allow them into the property unescorted.
- Remove or lock up valuables, jewelry, cash and prescription medications.
- If possible, do not be present when the property is being shown.
- Securely pen up pets, or take them with you.
- Be cautious about saying anything to buyers or their sales professionals that could weaken your negotiating position, especially regarding price or your urgency to sell.
- Collect all business cards of real estate professionals who preview and show your home, and pass them along to us.
- Let us know of any change in the property’s condition that would need to be disclosed to potential buyers.
Selling a house typically includes many of the following elements.
- Determine your needs and priorities
- Review “agency” choices and disclosures and select appropriate working relationship
- Discuss marketing plan.
- Establish Pricing Strategy
DESIGN & IMPLEMENT MARKETING PLAN
- Complete home enhancement recommendations.
- Carry out marketing activities and office preview.
- Advertising placed in local publications.
- Listing placed in statewide M.L.S.
- Listing showcased on Realtor.com and www.prudentialdinsmore.com.
- Prepare a color-marketing brochure for your home.
- Show property to prospective buyers and to co-broking agents.
- Communicate with you on a regular basis. Buyer feedback.
- Seller e-mail market updates.
- Modify Marketing plan and pricing strategy as necessary.
REVIEW OFFER AND REACH AGREEMENT WITH BUYER
- Buyer’s real estate professional presents offer.
- Discuss and clarify proposed terms and conditions.
- Negotiations; possible counter offers.
- Reach final agreement.
COMPLETE SETTLEMENT PROCESS (as detailed in purchase and sales agreement)
- Sign documents.
- Deposit buyer’s earnest money deposit.
- Complete home inspections. Possibly renegotiate based on inspection results.
- Buyers obtain mortgage commitment. Contingency removed. Authorization to close.
- Title search completed on property.
- Seller vacates property. Buyer’s final walk-through of property.
- Closing papers signed. Title recorded. Funds to Seller.
- Relocation of Seller; possession of property by the buyer.
- Help find you your next home, as needed. Coordinate with sale of existing home.
- Assist you with relocation out of town or across the country.